Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm Off!



Hi Friends and Family,

On June 6th I will be leaving Oregon to evangelize my way across the US! I have been planning this trip for over a year now, as many of you know. I quit my job about month ago and have been working hard at getting my travel trailer road worthy as well as learning the many skills I will need on the road. I plan on traveling for about a year and a half, going South through Texas and over to Florida. When the weather gets nicer next year I expect to head up the east coast to Maine and then back across the northern states on my return.

My plans have been guided by the Lord since the very beginning. I had some very dear friends that moved from Medford to Florida and loved me so much they told me I should move to be near them. They may have been just being nice, but I decided I would do it. So, I started planning to move to Florida. Bit by bit my ideas began to form into what I now realize is much bigger than a move. At first I was just going to rent a U-Haul to move my stuff to Florida, and then I fell in love with a travel trailer of my own and bought it. I was going to drive it straight to Florida on a quick trip, and now it has turned into a year long trip, stopping all along the way. The most incredible thing for me is that I get to look at these plans I am moving forward with and get behind what God is doing. It wasn’t me that set out to do a missions trip across our great country but it was the Lord who made my path clear.

Already, the Lord has confirmed this through His Word, His people, and by opening doors that, in some cases, I didn’t even know existed. The thing that I was pretty freaked out about at first was the lack of a church body or organization sending me. As I read through the Word about the Great Commission, I realized that it was God who sends us and not a church. My pastor at Caves Christian Fellowship, Jeremy Nehf, along with other brothers and sisters of the faith, are standing behind me in prayer and mentorship as well.

My question to YOU is…..would the Lord have you partner with me? I am asking my friends if they would buy me a meal a month if I needed it. If they answer yes and I can get 30 friends to agree to give $5 a month, or whatever your heart leads, then I would be covered every day of the month by a different person. This is more than just a donation that I am asking for. I want the body of Christ to be united in a work of evangelism even if you yourself cannot go out on the mission field at this time. Not only would you be supporting me monetarily, but partnering with me in prayer.

I will be updating monthly on my progress via my blog and email and am happy to send them by mail also. I am so thankful that you took the time to read this letter and look forward to being in ministry with you! Thank you also to those of you that have already helped me get things moving in my journey. I cannot thank you enough!

Danelle McCoy

(541)690-4434

nomadnelly@gmail.com

www.nomad-nelly.blogspot.com

P.S. I was thinking of leaving from a specific location and time so that way if anyone wanted to see my trailer and pray for me as I leave you would have the chance to say the final goodbye. If you have any time preferences or would be interested get back to me!

You can send support to:

Danelle McCoy

c/o Laura and Taylor Ashland

23251 SW William Ave.

Sherwood, OR 97140

Or go to www.paypal.com and click on the “Send Money” button and insert the following account information (email address): lauragwen@gmail.com

0 comments: