Monday, June 8, 2009

First Few Days

So it is Monday night. I left Saturday and made it to a small town called Shasta Lake to a Calvary Chapel there. That night I had a chance to pray for a lady named Helen who said she was going through some hard times. That was awesome. Earlier I met a guy named Gene who wanted me to take him away with me, however, he did not want to hear anything about Jesus. So there I left him! That night I was thankful for the opportunities God gave my that first day to share about Him, but I wanted more. That night I prayed with my sis that the Lord would bring me people ready to know Him! For the Harvest!!! Well I wake up Sunday and walked into that little church and what Scripture do I see on the wall? Oh just the one about the fields being white for harvest and pray the Lord of the harvest would send workers. Ya. And then the bulletin has that same verse on it and the pastor also used it in his sermon! Later that day I was sitting in the hot sun and could actually feel people praying for me! I felt like God was getting a heavenly army prepared for something BIG. So today I drove to San Francisco. I was not planning on coming here. I was going to go straight down to Bakersfield and then cut across the south over to Florida. Well by Godumstance, that is a circumstance that God put together, I ended up here! I have to say I was totally freaked out when I hit 4 lanes of traffic going 70 as I am putzing along at only 45. But you know, I made it ok. There were no accidents. Finally I realized I needed to stop asking God to deliver me from any hardship but instead to pray that God would overcome my fear! Why am I always so afraid and especially when I am about to do something totally rad?
So then my friend takes me to see a couple of her friends who are addicts. Oh you guys it was so sad to see! An entire city plagued by addiction, pain, insecurity, and sin. What in the world can I do Lord? They wont listen to me! What can I tell them? How can I ever show them how much You love them? I don't even understand how much You love them!!! I think it is awesome how God chose this city to be the starting place for this outreach. The pace is set you guys. I don't know yet what God has for me here in San Fran but I feel like I am beginning to see the vision more and more and God is developing my eyes and heart for others. I feel like the grench when his heart grew a little. It takes time but God can do make our hearts bigger! I will go to the YWAM base tomorrow. I actually contacted them a couple years ago because I was interested in going to this one. They have an urban focus which is what caught my eye. So they said I could come down and visit. I decided that I really need to focus on finding other believers to partner with in ministry while I am out here. Being alone and feeling like I don't want to stick out more than I do, I think it is wise to look for other Christians to hook up with along the way. So we will see what this week brings and I thank you all a million times over for all the prayers and I specifically ask that you would pray for awesome ministry oportunities with other Christians. Love you all and miss ya much!
Danelle

0 comments: