Friday, June 12, 2009

Everywhere I Send You, You Shall Go

Jeremiah 1:5-10
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. and before you were born I consecrated you, I have appointed you a prophet to the nations. Then I said, "Alas, Lord GOD! Behold I do not know how to speak because I am a youth." But the LORD said to me, "Do not say 'I am a youth' Because everywhere I send you, you shall go. And all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, For I am with you" declares the LORD. Then the LORD stretched out His hand and touched my mouth and the LORD said to me "Behold I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

This was such an awesome passage to read this morning! I must admit I have been a little fearful the past few days. It took every but of courage in me yesterday just to walk out the front doors into the city. But like all things, as soon as you step out, everything changes. I got to go check out the YWAM SF base yesterday and then I went exploring around the city. I talked to a few people about Jesus which was awesome! One guy said he wanted to marry me and follow me wherever I was going and that he wanted to marry a good Christian woman. I told him I also was looking for a good Christian man. He didn't have a reply to that ;) My guitar is still in the shop but I am going to get it this morning and will play some music and give away coffee out on the street. The guy I talked to down at YWAM was saying that he felt shouting Jesus from the street corner tended to be ineffective. He said most people have an idea of the gospel, but a bad one. Building relationships and being able to speak that truth into their lives while they are receptive to you is the better way. So I will play my music and if I can offer a prayer or have a conversation about Jesus and what He has done for me then I will be happy! I have been working hard making necklaces and hair clips which turns out is a good thing. The Hait Ashberry Festival is this weekend so I will be trying to sell as many as I can! Everybody who has seen them says that is a great place to sell them and I would probably sell out. So pray that I can make a lot more really quickly and that people buy them all up!!! I will leave Sunday night to drive down to San Jose. There I have some family that I can hook up with and my cousin is the president of bound4LIFE, which is a pro-life advocate. I am excited to see what God has for me there as well. But today is going to be awesome and this weekend should be really cool! I am sure I will have plenty of opportunity to share the gospel in the next few days so please pray for all the people I will be talking to. Lord prepare their hearts!!

"Now behold, I have made you today as a fortified city and as a pillar of iron and as walls of bronze against the whole land, to its princes, to its priests and to the people of the land. They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD. Jeremiah 1:18-19

0 comments: