Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Nomad Lifestyle

The nomad lifestyle has taken some getting used to. I think there will probably be times that are easier, like when I can hook up to power and water, and times that will be a little more difficult, like when I am not hooked up. Every little thing I do is a bigger deal than if I had normal facilities. Washing dishes, going to the bathroom, taking a shower. All of those things required me to haul water there and then eventually dump it when I am done. Needless to say I have been trying to do those things as little as possible to keep life simple. I found the need to keep everything extremely organized so if I need to pack up some necessities to go stay somewhere or go do something, I can do it quickly. I have a bucket that catches water from the sink when I use it. It takes the place of a grey water tank that most RVs have and I have to dump it fairly often. So I was driving the other day and stopped at a rest stop to use the restroom, when I look back and see that bucket hanging on Little Miss! I had totally forgotten to take it off. I can't believe it didn't fall off while I was driving because it just hangs on a hook there! Right now I am staying in downtown San Francisco with my friend Aimee. I am beginning to see why the Lord put me here with her. He is teaching me things about human pain and how to speak to it, and how to see past the sin to see the person God is trying to reach. I am thankful for my time here and know that God is teaching me things I need to know while I am here. I have never worked with addicts or the mentally ill before. But God has brought me to two cities filled with them as the first places He wanted me to see. I will go over to the YWAM outreach center today where their main focus is to have a place for these people to go and have a friend who will eventually tell them about Jesus. I pray that it is an awesome time for me over there and that God speaks to me. I am listening Lord. Whatever you want to show me. I only plan on being here for maybe a few more days unless the Lord brings up a ministry opportunity that would hold me here. Today at some point I need to go get my guitar fixed. One of the buttons broke and I have to get a new machine for it. So when that gets fixed I think I will go play some music tomorrow maybe and have some free coffee for people out on the street. That's what I know to do so I will plan for it. The thing I love about making a plan, is that it leaves God open to changing the plan to be what He wants it to be. I know the Lord is teaching me some things that I don't know right now and am open to doing those things. So I will just plan to do what I know and let Him redirect me if He wants to! Yesterday I made necklaces and hair clips to sell. I don't know that I want to sell them tomorrow though. I figure that giving away free coffee and trying to sell my goods should be separate. Well I am going to get ready to go see the guys down at YWAM!!!! Very excited! Praying for God things there today!!!!

2 comments:

AshlandFive said...

Yaay! It works, love you. ;)

Aimee George said...

Woot!