Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breif Summary

It has been a loooooooong time and I am so sorry for my neglect. I honestly was sorta devastated when God told me to come back and stay in San Jose instead of continuing my journey to Florida. Let me breifly tell you of the last 6 months. Basically, I came back to San Jose out of obedience to Christ, and the Lord truly met every need. The church I got involved with, Calvary Chapel San Jose, offered me a job, and a gal I met, Shelly, offered me housing. So I started working and living fairly nearby. One of the first things God did was bring me these awesome relationships and friends. I realized that the most effective form of "ministry" was not called ministry at all. It is called a relationship. I have had the awesome opportunity to see some amazing spiritual growth in people I have met down here and grown myself in so many areas. Honestly, the cost of obedience is great. The battle has been ferocious and there have been times that I wanted to come home. I have poured myself completely out for the coffeeshop I am working in and given my heart to the friends God has given me. I honestly feel completely empty and void with nothing left to give at this point. But somehow, I manage to wake every day and have the strength to make it through. I know that it is God's strength pulling me through everyday. I know that no matter how hard things get, it is by His great grace that I am not burning in hell right now. Because that is what I deserve. The last couple months have been especially hard and any prayers you could muster would be coveted.

0 comments: