Friday, June 26, 2009

God Is Mighty To Save!!!

Praise God!!!!!! I have been working with Calvary Chapel San Jose all week and I just have to say, they have been the biggest blessing to me since I left Oregon! It just so happened, and by that I mean God totally perfectly planned it all out before time began, that they are doing something called the Jerusalem Project while I am here. Basically to preach the gospel in Jerusalem and Judea. They did an outreach to San Francisco last week and this week is San Jose. From the very beginning I knew things were going to go well. The Lord had been speaking to me specific things about evangelism there in SF and when I heard about what the Lord was telling them, it matched up perfectly. On Tuesday we did a prayer walk around the neighborhood and got to pray for some people. We also got to take sandwiches down to a homeless shelter after we went to a mountain top that overlooked the city and prayed for a couple hours. There I got to talk to a guy who had recently been released from prison. He was a gang member and a murderer. I was with a 16 year old girl named Andrea and we shared the gospel with him and spoke to some of his reservations. On Wednesday I would say was the day I felt attacked. I see that the main tactic satan has been using as I prepare to go share the gospel, is that I am completely dissuaded. So that was how I felt. We went to the park and talked to some people, but we also spent a lot of time in prayer. Well yesterday it was all clear why I was feeling that way. It was a battle in the morning as we earnestly prayed for that evening. But we persevered in prayer until the Lord gave us peace and joy. Thursday nights in San Jose they have a gathering called Music in the Park. They have bands that play and vendors selling beer and food. It basically a public party. Well we showed up with something like 1200 bottles of water and boxes of bibles, sandwiches, chips, all kinds of goodies. People flocked and tons of people wanted the bibles too! I still haven't heard all of the accounts of the day but three people that my partner Shelly and I talked to got saved!!! I was so amazing. To see their faces as they received Jesus was beautiful!! There was literally a light in their eyes. Today we handed out fliers and went door to door meeting the people in the neighborhood and invited them to a bar-b-q we are putting on tomorrow. There will be some pro skaters putting on a demo, basketball and volleyball tournaments, and free food. I am excited to see what God will do tomorrow. I am exhausted. Most nights I didn't get home till around 10 pm. But I just had to take advantage of these incredible people at this church! They are all so awesome and it has been my great honor to work beside them. I cant believe that I got so attached but it will be very hard to leave next week. I was telling my sister how perfect it has been here and that I just don't see how it could be this perfect ever again! Oh me of little faith. Well I have so much more to fill you in on like some of the scriptures God used but I am so tired and have to wake and the break of dawn so I will be blogging in more detail in the very near future. Love you all so much and am so thankful for all of your prayers! Isn't it awesome and rad what God did?! He never ceases to amaze me.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Wowwwyy!!! I LOVE reading this Nelly...every time I am left in tears!!! Keep going girl....I am cheering you on here in Oregon!!! You are turning the world upside down one person at a time!! :) I love you!!!!!!!!

jeremy nehf said...

Great stuff Nelly! Awesome to see how God is leading you. Love the updates, keep them coming!